- Street: 1301 N Loop 250 W
- City: Midland
- State/Province: TX
- Country: United States
- Zip/Postal Code: 79706
- Demo Page URL: https://www.euci.com/event_post/0719-oilfields-101/?x=35744v1Lx0101
- Telephone Number: 3037708800
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Listed: March 27, 2019 10:06 am
- Expires: 945 days, 12 hours
This course will present an overview of oilfield operations, both subsurface (downhole) and surface. The downhole portion will present an overview, and then drill down into actual data from well files, and how the information in the files relates to the reality in the well. The facilities topics covered will include liquids and gas gathering and processing.
The intent is that participants will be able to apply the information learned the first day they return to their jobs. The information will be presented in terms of diagrams and photos of real equipment, and real example documents. The information will not be a gussied up “ideal” case, but will show the equipment or documentation as we actually experience it. Lessons learned from the instructor’s experience will be incorporated throughout.
Attendees to this course will
- Get a foothold in comprehending drilling and production reports and other documents that typically come across their desks
- Grapple with acronyms and jargon, and recognize that they are not the only one who doesn’t understand them
- Relate concepts about fluids, pressure, and rate to the operations that take place in oilfields
- Describe the structure of the industry and the organizations within it, and identify communication paths within and between organizations as well as key vocabulary terms and scheduling processes
- State information about key points of environmental compliance
- Recognize the function of equipment items, procedures, and mechanical devices used in the oilfield developments
- Recognize practices that improve efficiency in operations
EUCI has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). In obtaining this accreditation, EUCI has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard which is recognized internationally as a standard of good practice. As a result of their Authorized Provider status, EUCI is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard.
EUCI is authorized by IACET to offer 1.5 CEUs for this event.
Requirements for Successful Completion of Program
Participants must sign in/out each day and be in attendance for the entirety of the course to be eligible for continuing education credit.
Case studies and PowerPoint presentations will be used in this program.
135 total views, 1 today